Background and Scope
The Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) is responsible for overall policy formulation, planning, organisation and coordination of the health sector at national, province, district and community levels. The goal of MoHP is to improve the health status of all people living in the country through effective and efficient policy formulation, resource mobilization, monitoring and regulation of delivery of health services by different health institutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Health Policy, Planning & Implementation.
- Research, Planning & Development of Public Sector Health Services
- Research and Development of Preventive, Promotive, Curative, and Rehabilitative services associated with Allopathy, Ayurveda, Homeopathy & Unani System of Medicine
- Health Trainings
- Non- Governmental Organizations associated with health services.
- Research, Production, Quality Control, Price Control and Sales & Distribution of drugs and control of narcotic drugs and control in sales & distribution, import, export & use of unsafe & poor quality drugs.
- Contact with International Health Organizations and International/ Regional Conferences, Workshops, Seminars etc.
- Family Planning & Maternal and Child Health & Population Planning
- Environmental Health Programme
- Health & Nutrition Education
- Medical and Health Councils, Academics & other Health Institutions.
- Nepal Health Services Act- Recruitment, appointment, transfer, disciplinary actions and other related activities.
- Population Policy, Planning, Programming and Implementation.
- Population Studies and Research, Surveys, Trainings and National/ International Seminars & Conventions
- Population related National & International Contact and Co-ordination
- Population related document publications and dissemination
- Migration Policy, Planning, Programming and Implementation
- Regular and Periodical review and Monitoring of population programmes implemented by Governmental and Non Governmental Organizations.
- Population related Manpower.